Send digital resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Vindicia and be part of the team that is designing the future of the subscription-based economy. Vindicia, now a part of Amdocs Ltd. (Nasdaq: DOX), keeps consumers connected to the subscriptions they love, and businesses connected to the subscription revenue they need. By bringing enterprise-class innovation to consumer-facing subscription billing and commerce, we help digital companies acquire more customers and keep them by making payments seamless, secure and easy.
Vindicia has processed more than $21 billion globally and generates over $90 million in annual incremental revenue for its clients. Clients include BBC, Lionsgate, Comic-Con International, TransUnion Interactive, Allrecipes, IAC, Vimeo, and Texture and more.
Working at Vindicia is fast-paced, fun and challenging. We thrive on innovation and collaboration. It’s an exciting time to be in the fintech space, and this is your chance to join a growing market leader in subscription billing management.
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, including medical, dental and vision, a 401(k) plan with a company match component, and the feel of a Silicon Valley startup with all the benefits of being part of a large, publicly-traded company.
We are looking for a rock star commercial transactions counsel to join our legal department as the company’s second lawyer. The Commercial Transactions Counsel will focus primarily on SaaS customer deals and a range of technology-related agreements, and will have a broad range of responsibilities as part of a small Legal team within a larger Legal team at Amdocs.
This position is based in our headquarters in Redwood Shores and reports directly to Vindicia’s General Counsel.
You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to identify and resolve legal issues, balance legal and business concerns and draft and negotiate agreements. Experience with issues pertaining to SaaS, intellectual property, security and data privacy is preferred. The successful candidate will:
- Partner with Vindicia’s Sales team and other relevant internal clients (e.g., Customer Success, Finance) to review, negotiate and draft outbound SaaS agreements for Vindicia’s subscription billing platform
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts, including SaaS, licensing, professional services, channel partner, nondisclosure, and other commercial and technology related agreements
- Advise executives within the company and partner with employees in strategic business units, including Finance, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Client Services, Information Technology, and Business Development
- Provide legal support for procurement and various business units regarding negotiation of vendor agreements
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions
- Maintain and revise template agreements as required
- Undertake various other projects within Amdocs as part of the Amdocs Legal team
- Manage litigation/collection matters
- Assist with trademark and patent matters
Education and Experience
- Exceptional academic credentials and a minimum of 3-6 years of relevant technology transactions experience, with a focus on drafting and negotiating complex SaaS customer agreements.
- J.D. from a top law school and a current license to practice (preferably in CA).
- Deep, successful experience partnering with and providing support to demanding Sales teams, both domestic and international.
- Familiarity with international B2B data privacy issues (including Privacy Shield, GDPR, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of billing and payment card networks, including PCI Standards, would be ideal, but is not required.
Interpersonal Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate:
- Can prioritize and manage numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Can perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Has a team-oriented style, yet is able to work with little or no supervision
- Has the ability to be an effective business partner to Sales by understanding the business needs and applying sound business judgment
- Can make decisions timely and decisively (within applicable authorization levels)
- Can articulate complex legal issues to business leaders and executives in “plain English” style
- Has meticulous attention to detail and quality of work, and exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
Vindicia and Amdocs are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Local candidates only. No relocation costs will be paid for this position.