Send digital resume to: email@example.com
As a Product Architect at Vindicia, you will work with a team that is charged with developing and directing a complex line of related products in the SaaS billing, payments, and subscription management space. The role extends from increasing the usability and impact of existing products to developing new features for key products. You will help build products from existing ideas and assist with new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. And don’t forget about bugs – they represent an excellent way for a service in continuous operation to move forward.
You must possess an uncommon blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality under demanding resource and time constraints.
The primary role will be to work with our prospective partners and vendors to design, document, and develop an integration solution, which enhances the product offerings available to our clients.
As an expert in our product, both current business and technical capabilities, you are our ambassador to the prospective partner teams, working with product integration partners to get the most out of our mutual capabilities. Having designed a solution, you will represent these requirements to the product and engineering teams within Vindicia, serving as our team’s subject matter expert for the solution.
You will work with product managers and technical writers to ensure that both feature specifications and resulting product documentation satisfy the needs of both business and technical requirements of the integrated offering.
You will be an expert at documenting product behaviors in a visual way, for technical and business audiences.
The Product Architect will also participate in design reviews with solution architects and presales engineers for key clients and prospects, to guide improvements to our product offerings, keeping us aligned with the needs of the changing market. This role may also be tasked to contribute requirements to individual feature specifications and bug fix solution documents as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-8+ years of experience as a solution architect, presales engineer, or technical architect
- Ability to gather and document:
- Business requirements for eCommerce and agent-based ordering, care, and billing functions
- Detailed design solutions: technical requirements for integrations between client systems calling Vindicia Web Services (API), e.g., web sequence diagrams, API flow charts, function maps
- Experience with software-as-a-service model
- Technical and business competence in the following areas:
- Web services API implementation and design (SOAP and RESTful API)
- Billing and payments for eCommerce (or similar mobile/digital payments)
- • Computer Science or Engineering degree or technical work experience
- • Technical skills:
- Basic Web-services API implementation and design (SOAP and RESTful API)
- Basic ability with one or more software development language: Perl, Java, PHP, Ruby, C++/C#/.net
- ERD and flowchart development
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience
- Subscription billing knowledge – ideally, billing and payments for eCommerce (or similar mobile/digital payments)
- Credit card industry knowledge
- Experience in a startup
- Both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Local candidates preferred (San Francisco Bay Area)
If you are a creative technical thinker and architect with engineering, SaaS, or billing/payments experience, please apply today.