Redefining eCommerce the Old-Fashioned Way: by Making Clients Happy
Locations: San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas, Denver, Chicago, Washington DC, New York City, Boston, New Hampshire
Send Digital Resume to: email@example.com
We are revolutionaries in ecommerce, but there is no shortcut to success. We work hard to delight our clients, and we focus on building long term relationships—which, in turn, makes us successful. If you share our passion for happy clients and you have a deep background in ecommerce, this is the place where you can build on your past achievements to reach new heights.
Vindicia is seeking a hands-on Solution Architect in our professional services organization. How do you know you’re the right fit? You’re fluent in a couple of ecommerce development languages, and you’ve proven that you can do more than just answer technical questions. You understand ecommerce and payments. Maybe you’ve worked as an Implementation Analyst at a processor. Perhaps you started out building ecommerce sites as a hobby. By now you know about industry best practices and you can help clients understand not just what to do, but why to do it.
Lots of folks talk about the aspirations of a role. If you joined us last month, this is what you would have done over the past 30 days:
- Led a design workshop with a $125m+ subscription business. Facilitated the selection of use cases, and helped the client prioritize their delivery process. Worked with the scrum master / project manager to help determine realistic units of work and a reasonable timeline for the project.
- Built the design documents that explain to the client how this all works. Selected appropriate technologies and tools from the Vindicia framework, and engaged in discussions to help the client understand why we recommend these approaches.
- Dove into the nitty-gritty. When the client raised questions about how the API worked, you weren’t afraid to whip up some sample code to make sure they were on the right track. Worked with our engineering team to suggest future enhancements to make this easier on the next client.
- Led a client through the certification process to ensure their integration works properly. Co-led the hand-over meeting with our support team to familiarize them with the client and vice-versa.
- Met with a Fortune 100 company that is expanding their subscription offerings. Discussed the client’s needs with the sales engineer, then led a whiteboard discussion with the client’s technical staff to win their confidence. (Collected lots of thank-yous from the sales team in the process).
- Helped a smaller client with their product launch. Led a discussion with their marketing team to resolve their price point and go-to-market strategy. (Note that this wasn’t an ugly debate. We discussed it, gave our best advice, and mutually agreed to a path forward.)
- Build trust: Honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Visionary: Not afraid to hear the situation and propose a path forward to achieve the goal.
- Implementation/execution: Lead from the front. Know what best practices are, and help clients to understand them at both the business level and a technical level.
- Innovate: Leverage existing tools in new ways to meet the business needs.
- Problem solving: Encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Effective communicator: Able to extract the key points from a discussion, summarize them, and build consensus around ideas that may have divergent support
Desired Skills and Experience
Preferred candidates will have business and technical background in one or more of the following areas:
- Subscription-based online businesses
- Billing for online gaming, content, and downloadable software industries
- Payment Industry standards, including PCI compliance
- Customer retention and membership marketing
- Fraud detection, fraud prevention, and chargeback management
- Experience working with agile methodologies or in an iterative development environment
- Experience in designing enterprise solutions for scalability and SLA fulfilment
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams: product management, engineering, tech support, merchant finance, sales engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, MIS, Computer Science, preferred)
- Expert proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Java, C#, PHP, C++/Win32 COM
- Must be experienced in overall software development lifecycle (IDE, AppServer, Webserver, databases etc.), preferably from a professional services perspective
- Direct experience in working with application server/enterprise scale applications/saas applications
- Strong working understanding of the following languages: Java, C#, PHP, .NET, Perl.
- Comfortable in working (in shell script level) in multiple operating systems: Linux, Windows.
- Good working understanding of XML and Web Services (SOAP, Rest)
- Good working understanding of database systems: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server
Benefits: Besides a fun work environment, Vindicia offers a full range of benefits including health and vision care with subsidized dependent coverage, a generous stock option package, and 401k.
Travel: Vindicia products are delivered on a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) basis. We like to work with our clients, but that doesn’t mean we have to be there in person all the time. Travel for this role should not exceed 20%.