Send digital resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Passionate about our customers' success, the Technical Architect exhibits a combination of solution implementation skills, business insight, and the ability to simplify complex information – helping customers develop the skills and confidence to use our products to achieve business objectives.
Our Technical Architects are responsible for the technical delivery from project kickoff to the public launch of the solution. You’ll drive the requirements gathering process, develop the solution design, and guide the client through the technical parts of the integration. As you do this, you’ll help them balance their business and technical goals while working with the project leadership to ensure an on-time delivery.
Delivering a solution is only part of the goal. You’ll need to balance technical trade-offs and schedules with the maintainability of our platform. By helping the client to follow our methodology, you’ll reduce technical debt for us, while helping to future-proof their solution. Your colleagues in our support team will be grateful for your dedication.
This isn’t just a technology position, though. We are looking for a "rounded" person, who demonstrates “people skills,” as well as business understanding. Can you persuade people to consider different approaches, and to surrender past habits? Do you know how to build consensus around new ideas? Can you bridge the realms of technical users and business owners? Can you ask the right questions? Can you develop rapport to be a trusted advisor? Good. You’ll need to draw on all of these and more to deliver the best results for our clients.
The Technical Architect may go on site for design workshops and occasional meetings, but most of our work is done remotely from the client, with up to 25% travel.
Implementation and Domain Expertise
- Lead customer kick-off meetings with client and Vindicia team: Review implementation methodology, explain product architecture and features, project deliverables, and training expectations
- Gather requirements for software implementation designed to meet the true business needs of the customer
- Analyze existing client systems, interface requirements, business process and operational needs. Build on domain expertise and industry leading methodologies in order to provide business mentorship and develop optimal long-term solution design
- Earn the client’s trust through domain expertise. Create consensus to support solution approach based on industry direction
- Accurately interpret customer requirements to identify correct solution configuration in development and production environments
- Develop code samples to share with the client and internally to verify product functionality before communicating the solution to the client. Assist client investigation of their technical issues and suggest alternate approaches as necessary
- Consolidate and clarify enhancement requirements. Drive understanding of client needs, document, and discuss with our Product Management and Engineering teams. Consider and balance client-specific needs with broader platform goals
- Ensure smooth transition to Client Technical Support. Educate support team on implementation nuances, client challenges, and client business model
- Certify client implementation to ensure compliance with Vindicia development practices
- Lead handover of implementation to Customer Technical Support explaining the requirements, solution implementation, configuration, and open issues (including mitigation plans with proper documentation)
- Establish and maintain appropriate urgency in technical teams to meet client timelines
- Stay ahead of business trends and industry developments. Collaborate with peers to define and document company standard methodologies. Apply to client consultation and solution recommendations
- Understand client business needs and effectively tie back and explain to the client how the delivered solution addresses the requirements
- Abstract Vindicia technical issues to simplify for the client. Collaborate internally to resolve and respond to client inquiries or issues effectively and in timely manner
- Influence and guide the client to Vindicia standard methodology and standard solution adoption
- Build relationship of trust and credibility with clients
- Act as the primary functional and technical liaison between Vindicia and the client
- Speak the language of a billing and payments industry practitioner
- Partner with project managers on a seamless implementation and smooth transition to Client Technical Support
- Ensure that all open items are resolved in a timely manner
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent Industry experience
- 10+ years of technology delivery experience with at least 3 years in client facing roles
- Deep understanding of SaaS technologies (Web Architecture, RDBMS/SQL, modern Web languages)
- Solid debugging skills
- Good communication skills across both technical and business issues, and across varying levels of seniority to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present ideas ranging from high-level concepts to detailed technical solutions
- Ability to influence decision making with both developers and business owners
Familiarity with one or more of the following industries:
- Payment processing
- OTT video
- Mobile payments
- Alternative payments
- Familiarity with security standards such as PCI DSS and Privacy Shield
Vindicia and Amdocs are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position can be located anywhere within the US, with preference given to candidates in the SF Bay Area. No relocation costs will be paid for this role.