Open topic with navigation
CashBox allows you to add multiple AutoBills to a single Account.
To create a new AutoBill:
1. Go to the Account Details page for the Account for which the AutoBill will be created.
2. Click the Create AutoBill button at the top of the page to open the Create New AutoBill page:
Figure C-16: Create New AutoBill Page
3. Enter AutoBill information.
• Enter a unique AutoBill ID for the new AutoBill.
• Enter a short, descriptive AutoBill Name to identify this AutoBill on customer Billing Statements.
• Select the Currency in which the AutoBill will be paid.
• Select an AutoBill Start Date to indicate when the AutoBill takes effect.
When creating a new AutoBill, if the Start Date is within the pre-billing notification period (Net Terms field), and the Account receives pre-billing notifications, and the selected Billing Plan is set up to send notification for the first billing period, then the customer will be sent a pre-billing notification for the AutoBill.
If the Start Date is within the expiration notification period (Billing Period: Email before Expiration field: the time before a Billing Period’s expiration that an email will be sent), the customer is billed immediately.
• Select a Billing Day: the day of the month on which billing should occur.
• Select whether to Send Email on Expiration of the AutoBill. (Emails will only be produced if Email templates have been supplied. See Chapter C: Billing Notifications and Templates for more information.)
4. Enter Billing Notification settings.
The Invoice Format, Net Terms, and Invoice Template fields are used to define parameters for both Invoices and Billing Statements. Invoices will be sent only for AutoBills which use the Pay by Invoice Payment method. For all other Payment Method types, these fields are used to define Billing Statement settings.
For Billing Statements,
• The Invoice Format field defines the Billing Statement Format.
• The Invoice Template field defines the Billing Statement Template.
• The Net Terms field defines the number of days before billing that notification will be sent.
• Select the Invoice (or Billing Statement) Format for the AutoBill: Attachment, Inline, or Do Not Send.
• For Payment Method Type: Pay by Invoice, use the Net Terms field to define the number of days after the billing date that the Invoice will fall due.
For any other Payment Method Type, use the Net Terms field to define the number of days before the billing day that the Billing Statement will be sent.
• Enter the name of the Invoice (or Billing Statement) Template to use for this AutoBill.
• Enter your Affiliate or Sub-Affiliate IDs, if applicable.
5. Enter Custom AutoBill Data, if desired.
Note: All name-value pairs included with an AutoBill will be automatically copied to any resultant Transactions.
For more information, see Section 3.1.1: Working with Custom Data.
6. In the Customer Account pane, select a Payment Method for the AutoBill.
7. In the AutoBill Items pane, add Products and enter a Quantity for multiples of a product if appropriate.
You may select multiple Products. The first Product listed will be used as the Primary Product for the AutoBill.
For more information, see Section C.4: Upgrading an AutoBill.
8. Select a Billing Plan for the AutoBill.
Note that while the Billing Plan pane offers details about the selected Billing Plan, these fields are not editable.
9. Click Submit to create the AutoBill, add it to the Account, and open the AutoBill Details page for the new AutoBill. Click Cancel to cancel your changes, and return to the Edit Customer Account page.
For more information on the fields displayed, see Table 7-2: CashBox AutoBill Parameters.